•   Change Region
  • Services
  • Sustainability
  • Search

Novus History

Novus’s scientific roots and history originate in the 1950s when St. Louis, Missouri-based Monsanto Company began conducting livestock and poultry feed metabolism studies. In 1959, one of its products received FDA approval as an animal feed additive, which helped launch the Monsanto division that would become Novus. In an effort to focus on its core businesses - seed, herbicide and biotechnology - Monsanto sold its Feed Ingredients division to Mitsui & Co. Ltd. and Nippon Soda Co., Ltd. in 1991, setting Novus on its path of Health through Nutrition based on science.

With two products for the poultry industry and the vision of helping to feed the world affordable, wholesome food, Novus International was born. At the time, this vision statement was considered a bold goal and some questioned how Novus could realistically make a contribution. Although Novus was a small, business-to-business company, we understood that our core knowledge of health and nutrition related to poultry could be beneficial to other species.

Since 1991, Novus has brought numerous products to the market, including more than 100 over the past decade, and developed product families including Methionine solutions, Trace Mineral solutions, Enzyme solutions, Eubiotics and Feed Quality solutions. Novus’s comprehensive portfolio provides a holistic approach to solutions, service and sustainability for poultry, swine, aquaculture and cattle.