Novus International to Present Abstracts at PSA Annual Meeting
Novus to present innovative research on minerals and enzymes
LOUISVILLE, KY (July 15, 2015) — Novus researchers will present six technical abstracts at the 2015 Poultry Science Association (PSA) annual meeting in Louisville, KY. This event acts as an incubator for academics, scientists and technical professionals to gather and present solutions in the animal feed industry. The discussions, symposia and presentations held during the event will revolve around ways to improve chicken flock nutrition, profitability and production.
Novus’s oral presentation schedule kicks-off on Wednesday, July 29, at 11:30 AM with Dr. Juxing Chen, Structure-Function Biology Manager at Novus, leading a discussion entitled Identification of biomarkers for footpad dermatitis development and wound healing.
Additional presentations are scheduled as follows:
- ORAL PRESENTATION: Evaluation of a thermostable xylanase dose response in broilers fed corn soybean meal-based diets. (Thursday, July 30, 9:00 AM)
- ORAL PRESENTATION: Effect of trace minerals on wound healing of footpad dermatitis in broilers. (Thursday, July 30, 2:00 PM)
- POSTER: The effect of combining microbial phytase and protease on performance of broiler chicks fed diets containing reduced levels of available phosphorus, amino acids and energy. (Thursday, July 30, 5:00 PM)
- POSTER: Feed Additives: Chemical modification of essential oils as an alternative to encapsulation. (Thursday, July 30, 5:00 PM)
- POSTER: Processing and Products: White striping and woody breast: Effect on raw broiler breast fillet quality. (Thursday, July 30, 6:00 PM)
A longtime supporter of the PSA and the scientific community as a whole, Novus is demonstrating that support with a Gold-level event sponsorship. In addition, Novus is continuing its annual tradition of honoring the work of an outstanding teacher and an outstanding scholar for their efforts and commitment to the poultry industry, both in and outside the classroom. More information on the recipients will be released at a later date.
Following the event, the abstracts will be made available at www.novusint.com. For a complete listing of Novus events during PSA 2015, visit www.novusint.com/Events/psa2015. The full PSA program agenda can be found through the PSA website.
About Novus International, Inc.
Novus International, Inc. is headquartered in metropolitan St. Louis, Missouri, U.S.A. and serves customers in over 100 countries around the world. A global leader in developing animal health and nutrition solutions, Novus International’s products include ALIMET® and MHA® feed supplements, ACTIVATE® nutritional feed acid, ACIDOMIX® preservative premixture, CIBENZA® enzyme feed additive, MINTREX® chelated trace minerals, SANTOQUIN® feed preservative, AGRADO® feed antioxidant and many other specialty ingredients. Stratum Nutrition, a division of Novus Nutrition Brands, LLC, focuses on human nutrition through specialty and functional ingredients for manufacturers of foods, beverages and dietary supplements (www.stratumnutrition.com).
Novus is privately owned by Mitsui & Co. (U.S.A.), Inc. and Nippon Soda Co., Ltd. For more information, visit www.novusint.com. ©2015 Novus International, Inc. All rights reserved.