Novus International to Present New Research at JAM 2015
Recent research trials demonstrate the positive effects of HMTBa and chelated trace minerals
ORLANDO, Fla. (July 1, 2015)—The 2015 Joint Annual Meeting (JAM), a collaboration of the American Dairy Science Association® (ADSA®) and the American Society of Animal Science (ASAS), is a great place to get caught up with the animal food and health industry’s latest research. This year, JAM will feature more than 2,200 abstracts in oral and poster presentations delivered by leading scientists and universities from around the world on topics ranging from livestock transportation to education and animal health to well-being and husbandry.
The conference will be held July 12-16, in Orlando, Florida. Attendees will participate in more than 40 symposia, workshops and other pre-conference educational events, all while gaining access to industry thought-leaders’ presentations throughout the duration of the event.
Novus International, Inc., a bronze sponsor of the event, will share its most recent findings on HMTBa and chelated trace minerals for improving animal nutrition and production.
The titles of the abstracts to be presented by Novus scientists are:
- Effects of copper sources and levels on growth performance and carcass traits in wean-finishing pigs (July 13, 4:00 PM – 4:15 PM)
- Differences in microbial community structure associated with metabolizable protein and 2-hydroxy-4-methylthio-butanoic acid (HMTBa) supplementation when using in vitro and in vivo methods (July 14, 7:30 AM-9:30 AM)
- Flow of microbial crude protein out of the rumen when dairy cattle are supplemented with 2-hydroxy-4-methylthio-butanoic acid (HMTBa) (July 14, 7:30 AM – 9:30 AM)
- In situ degradability, rumen bacteria population, and in vitro gas production in cannulated steers fed diets with and without HMTBa (July 14, 7:30 AM -9:30 AM)
- 2-hydroxy-4-(methylthio)butanoate (HMTBa) supplementation increases milk fat and decreases synthesis of alternate biohydrogenation intermediates in diets with risk for milk fat depression (July 14, 10:15 AM – 10:30 AM)
Following the event, the abstracts will be made available at www.novusint.com.
Stop by Novus booth #314 to learn more about the comprehensive programs and products Novus has available to support the livestock industry, to meet the Novus team or for the opportunity to win prizes.
For more information about JAM, visit the event’s website at http://www.jtmtg.org/JAM/2015/index.asp.
About Novus International, Inc.
Novus International, Inc. is headquartered in metropolitan St. Louis, Missouri, U.S.A. and serves customers in over 100 countries around the world. A global leader in developing animal health and nutrition solutions, Novus International’s products include ALIMET® and MHA® feed supplements, ACTIVATE® nutritional feed acid, ACIDOMIX® preservative premixture, CIBENZA® enzyme feed additive, MINTREX® chelated trace minerals, SANTOQUIN® feed preservative, AGRADO® feed antioxidant and many other specialty ingredients. Stratum Nutrition, a division of Novus Nutrition Brands, LLC, focuses on human nutrition through specialty and functional ingredients for manufacturers of foods, beverages and dietary supplements (www.stratumnutrition.com).
Novus is privately owned by Mitsui & Co. (U.S.A.), Inc. and Nippon Soda Co., Ltd. For more information, visit www.novusint.com. ©2015 Novus International, Inc. All rights reserved.