Dr. Will Seymour on the Power of Using HMTBa in Diets
Production Challenges: Milk Fat and Protein Production
- HMTBa (methionine hydroxy analogue) is underutilized in dairy diets.
- HMTBa fed at 0.1% diet DM supports rumen fermentation and normal biohydrogenation pathway leading to increases milk fat production of 90-130 g/day.
- HMTBa fed at 0.1 % diet DM tends to increase milk and milk protein yield.
Opportunities with HMTBa:
- Feed 0.1% HMTBa in diet DM, or ~ 1 g MFP®/ALIMET® for every 2 lbs DMI.
- Feed 25-30 g/day of MFP® or ALIMET® to lactating Holstein cows for optimized results.
- Graph percent fat distribution for herd and pens to identify opportunities.
- Graph percent fat vs. milk yield to identify high production cows with low milk fat percentage.
- Higher levels of HMTBa (0.15-0.20 % DM) can increase milk fat further with a consistent ROI.
See Full Presentation