Unique molecular structure ensuring optimal efficiency
- Protects the minerals from antagonistic feed ingredients
- Proven higher absorption of minerals in the small intestine
- Reliable, superior transport of Zn, Cu and Mn to the target tissues (Increased deposition /storage in tibia, femur, liver)
- Most inorganic minerals and few of the organic minerals are unstable at acidic pH. i.e proximal digestive tract due to mineral solubilization. It makes the mineral vulnerable for interaction with ANFs like phytic acid.
- MINTREX®, the chelation with HMTBa makes it highly stable at acidic region especially in the proximal digestive tract. Due to better stability at acidic region, more chelates are available for absorption, this is the key to better bioavailability
Schematic view on absorption process of MINTREX® trace minerals within the intestinal tract: the mineral binds at specific receptors on the intestinal wall after which it is absorbed while the 2 disconnected HMTBa molecules will be passively absorbed for full use by the animal
Due to their stability, MINTREX® minerals are not altered during their passage through the digestive tract and are completely absorbed through the intestine.
Most bioavailable organic trace mineral
MINTREX® is highly bioavailable bis-chelated organic trace minerals for higher production yields, with a unique methionine contribution. Thanks to the unique molecular structure of MINTREX®. The result from the MT mRNA assay confirm this effect with the MINTREX® Zn having better bioavailability when compared to the other zinc sources studied.
Bioavailability experiment using metallothionein mRNA assay as measure of Zn availability clearly demonstrates the superior bioavailability of MINTREX® Zn than any other source of zinc (as shown in the graph) MT assay shows greatest Zn absorption with MINTREX® Zn
The trace mineral having >90% of nutritional value
MINTREX® chelated trace minerals use HMTBa as the ligand. HMTBa is the hydroxy Analogue of Methionine.
MINTREX® is the only organic trace mineral having a proven record of ligand value. The ligand in MINTREX®, HMTBa possesses a methionine value, which further helps to reduce the supplemental synthetic methionine inclusion in the feed.
HMTBa is converted to methionine in the tissues of animals and provides the additional benefit of replacing supplemental synthetic methionine needed in the diet gives additional savings
A unique methionine contribution HMTBa from MINTREX® is fully available as a methionine source for the animal
In summary, MINTREX®, is a new generation of highly bio-available organic trace minerals for all animal species. A number of feeding trial under practical conditions have shown significant benefits in the performance of livestock. Organic trace minerals are playing an essential role in modern animal nutrition and are fulfilling the challenges of maximizing performance in an economic way and improving animal welfare. Lower inclusion rates of trace minerals in animal feeds contribute to environmental protection and more sustainable production.
- ITM : Inorganic Trace Mineral
- OTM : Organic Trace Mineral
- AAFCO : American Association of Feed Control Officials
- EU : European Union
- GI Tract : Gastro-Intestinal Tract
- Cu : Copper
- Zn : Zinc
- HMTBa : 2-hydroxy-4-(methylthio)butanoic acid
- FAMI-QS : Feed Additives and Pre-mixtures Quality System
- OMRI : Organic Materials Review Institute
- FT-IR : Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy
- AOAC : Association of Analytical Communities
- MT : Metallothionein
Contact Novus Animal Nutrition India Pvt. Ltd.