MINTREX®: A high bioavailable source of traceminerals
MINTREX® chelated organic trace minerals from Novus provide a highly bioavailable source of trace minerals to poultry birds in all stages of production. The unique 2:1 chelate structure delivers high bioavailability and superior quality over other inorganic and organic sources of trace minerals. MINTREX® works to improve overall production parameters and well-being of poultry birds as compared to other mineral sources.
The three P's of an ideal ligand function
- Prevents the mineral complex from falling apart as it travels through the digestive tract which prevents intestinal bacteria from consuming the mineral.
- Protects the mineral from being tied up by antagonists present in the digesta, precipitating out of solution and passing unused from the animal.
- Presents the mineral to the absorption site, where specific chemical receptors receive, process and transport the mineral to the bloodstream.
Properties of an ideal ligand
- Fully defined and proven structure
- Physical stability in upper GI tract
- Consistent delivery to absorption sites
- Scientifically described absorption mechanism
MINTREX® minerals contains Methionine hydroxy analogue as ligand that tick all the right boxes of being ideal ligand unlike other forms of ligand e.g. Single amino acids, Proteinates & Polysaccharides.
*TMO and TMO Plus standard premix from Novus contains MINTREX® chelated minerals as a source of Zn, Cu and Mn.