FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NOVUS INTERNATIONAL RELEASES SIXTH ANNUAL SUSTAINABILITY REPORT
Novus products and improvements positively impact entire industry
ST. LOUIS, Mo. (Oct. 9, 2014)—Novus International, Inc. releases its 2013 Sustainability Report, which documents and measures the company’s comprehensive social, environmental and economic sustainability program. Titled "Summing up Sustainability", the report highlights progress in the company’s key focus areas, which include: Customer Productivity and Profitability, Supply Chain Efficiency, Human Health and Nutrition, Sustainable Animal Agriculture, Employee Empowerment and Engagement.
This year, Novus highlights many quantitative aspects of its contribution to global sustainability by summing up the impact of efforts to support the animal agriculture industry, their employees and customers, and the environment.
Highlights from the report include:
- Novus calculated a shipping distance savings of over 350,000 km due to changing its routing of key raw materials to its Asian manufacturing plants.
- For the third consecutive year, Novus was recognized by the American Heart Association as “Fit Friendly”.
- Novus employees attended 686 training sessions and invested 1,480 hours in training to develop skills and capabilities in different functions.
- Results from a study in Poland showed that hatchable eggs increased by 7.9 percent when MINTREX® chelated trace minerals were added at half the level of inorganic trace minerals in the feed mix.
- A trial with a large poultry customer in Russia demonstrated that adding CIBENZA® DP100 to poultry diets brought $1.4 million in annual savings for poultry production.
- Research trials showed that including Novus’s AVIMATRIX® feed supplement in diets has a significant effect on the quality of chicken foot pads, an important measure of animal well-being.
“As we publish our sixth sustainability report, we are pleased with the significant accomplishments achieved in 2013. Sustainability is still a critical component of our business strategy and this is apparent in our business processes.” said Francois Fraudeau, president and CEO at Novus International. “Our employees continuously rise to the challenge of developing innovative solutions that allow our customers to operate sustainable and profitable businesses.”
The 2013 Novus Sustainability Report was prepared at the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Application Level B. GRI is a non-profit, multi-stakeholder organization that seeks to increase the level of business transparency by promoting sustainability reporting among companies throughout the world. The main tool for assimilating sustainability reporting is the GRI reporting framework that contains detailed guidelines for reporting on sustainability impacts. It provides a consistent structure that thousands of companies around the world now use to disclose their approach and performance related to sustainability.
To learn more about Novus International’s long-term sustainability vision, goals and impact, and to view the entire report, visit www.novusint.com/sustainability.
About Novus International, Inc.
Novus International, Inc. is headquartered in metropolitan St. Louis, Missouri, U.S.A. and serves customers in nearly 100 countries around the world. A global leader in developing animal health and nutrition solutions, Novus’s products include ALIMET® and MHA® feed supplements, ACTIVATE® nutritional feed acid, ACIDOMIX® preservative premixture, CIBENZA® feed additive, MINTREX® chelated trace mineral, SANTOQUIN® feed preservative, MERA™ Met aquaculture feed additive, AGRADO® feed antioxidant and many other specialty ingredients. Stratum Nutrition, a division of Novus Nutrition Brands, LLC, focuses on human nutrition through specialty and functional ingredients for manufacturers of foods, beverages and dietary supplements (www.stratumnutrition.com).
Novus is privately owned by Mitsui & Co. (U.S.A.), Inc. and Nippon Soda Co., Ltd. For more information, visit www.novusint.com. ©2014 Novus International, Inc. All rights reserved.