Last Updated: May 4, 2023.
Novus International, Inc. (“Novus”) is committed to protecting your privacy. Novus has prepared this Privacy Statement (this “Privacy Statement”) to describe to you, or, if you represent an entity or other organization, that entity or organization (in either case, “You”) our practices regarding the personal information that Novus collects, uses, and shares from and on behalf of users (“Users”) through the Novus platform (the “Platform”) located at https://www.novusint.com/, or other websites operated by Novus (each, a “Website”).
Novus reserves the right, at any time, to modify this Privacy Statement. If Novus makes revisions that change the way we collect, use, or share personal information within the scope of this Privacy Statement, we will post those changes in this Privacy Statement. You should review this Privacy Statement periodically so that You keep up to date on our most current policies and practices. We will note the date our Privacy Statement was last updated Privacy Statement at the beginning of this Privacy Statement.
Collection. Personal information is information that identifies, describes, or is reasonable capable of being associated with a person or household. This includes information such as or connected with Your name, and may include things such as Your email address, physical address, telephone number or certain device information when it is individually identifiable or connected to individually identifiable information.
Novus collects personal information when Users voluntarily submit it to us. For example, You may choose to submit personal information to Novus when you complete online forms, use or access content, request services, or register for an event through the Platform. Novus also collects information from Users automatically when you visit our Websites. For more details about information we collect from Users automatically, please review our Cookie Notice. Finally, Novus collects information from third parties and publicly available sources, including Novus affiliates.
We may collect the following types of personal information from Users through the above mentioned methods:
- Identifiers, including your name and contact information, such as address, email, and telephone number
- Device information and network activity information
- Commercial information
- Audio, electronic, visual, and similar information, such as call and video recordings
- Inferences drawn from other personal information we have collected
Use. Novus’ primary purpose in collecting personal information through the Platform and Website is to provide Users with information regarding products and services offered by Novus, its parent, subsidiary, and other related companies and its trusted affiliates, independent contractors, and business partners. Novus may also use personal information for various purposes, including without limitation to:
- To help diagnose problems with our Platform or Website, and to enhance the Platform or Website for optimal User experience.
- To monitor usage and performance of our Platform and Website, and to research aggregate information about Users to determine business planning, marketing, advertising, and sales efforts of Novus, its trusted affiliates, independent contractors, and business partners.
- To provide and deliver the Content and Services You select on the Platform or Website.
- To ensure compliance with certain terms and conditions and agreements entered into between You and Novus.
- To provide maintenance, support, and customer service for the Platform and Website.
Novus participates in behavioral based advertising and retargeting on our Platform and Website. This means that a third party may use technology (e.g., a cookie) to collect information about Your use of the Website or Platform so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to Your interests. This advertising may appear either on the Website or Platform, or on other sites. For more details about information collection via cookies and choices you may have to limit this information collection, please review our Cookie Notice.
Disclosure. Novus may disclose personal information collected from Users to its parent, subsidiary, and other related companies and its trusted affiliates, independent contractors, channel partners, agencies, and business partners. In limited circumstances, Novus may also share Your personal information with our suppliers, contractors, and agents who perform functions on our behalf, or in connection with Services offered by Novus or to meet a request made by You. Additionally, there may be instances when Novus may disclose personal information without providing You with a choice in order to: protect the legal rights of Novus; protect the safety and security of other Users; protect against fraud or for risk management purposes; or comply with the law or legal process. In addition, if Novus sells all or part of its business, makes a sale or transfer of assets or is otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, You agree that Novus may transfer your personal information to a third party as part of that transaction. We may share any or all of the above categories of personal information that we collect with the categories of third parties identified in this section.
Security. We use reasonable technical and organizational measures to help prevent personal information from becoming disclosed to individuals who are not described in this Privacy Statement. While Novus attempts to protect the information in our possession, no security system is perfect, and Novus cannot promise that information about You will remain secure in all circumstances.
Access & Choice. Novus has implemented the following procedures that You may use to access, correct, or delete Your personal information, or choose how Your personal information is used:
- If You would like to know the types of personal information that Novus collects from Users through its Platform, please email or write Novus at the addresses listed below under the Section titled “Communication.”
- If You would like to know whether Novus has collected personal information about You, please send us the activities and Services that You participated in on the Platform that requested personal information. After reviewing the relevant databases, Novus will confirm whether Novus has collected such personal information about You and provide a list or copy of Your personal information that we have on file.
- If Your personal information is incorrect, You may correct the personal information by sending a written request for correction to Novus’ Privacy Committee at the address below. Your request must include: (1) all of the incorrect personal information that You wish to change, (2) the corrected personal information, and (3) Your signature authorizing such changes. Novus will then correct the personal information in our database and send a written confirmation to You.
- If you wish to stop receiving email marketing communications from Novus, please use the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of the email you received.
- Some web browsers and devices permit You to broadcast a preference that You not be “tracked” online. At this time Novus does not modify Your experience based upon whether such a signal is broadcast.
Information Retention. Novus retains Your personal information for as long as reasonably necessary in light of the purpose for which it was collected, consistent with Novus’s data retention policies and procedures.
Other Contractual Relationships. If You enter into a separate contractual relationship with Novus which requires, or contemplates, collecting, using, or sharing information about You in a manner that is different than that which is described in this Privacy Statement, the terms of that agreement will apply.
Notice to California Residents. Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84 (California’s “Shine the Light” law), California residents who have an established business relationship with Novus are entitled to ask Novus for a notice describing what categories of personal customer information we share with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. This notice will identify the categories of information shared with and will include a list of the third parties with which it is shared, along with their names and addresses. If You are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to Novus at the addresses listed below under the Section titled “Communication.”
Contact. If You have questions or concerns regarding Novus’ collection, use, or sharing of Your personal information or any other privacy or security issue, please contact:
Novus International, Inc.
Attention: Privacy Committee Member
20 Research Park Drive
St. Charles, Missouri 63304
If Novus needs, or is required, to contact You concerning any event that involves information about You we may do so by email, telephone, or mail.