Collection. Personal information refers to information that is connected to Your name, and may include things such as Your email address, physical address, or telephone number.
Novus collects personal information when Users voluntarily submit it to us. For example, You may choose to submit personal information to Novus when you complete online forms, use or access Content, request Services, or register for an event through the Platform. In addition to personal information, Novus may collect other information from Users using the following technologies:
- Cookies. "Cookies" are small bits of information that the Website places on the hard drive of Your computer. Cookies remember information about Your activities on the Website to make Your visits to the Website more enjoyable and valuable to You by providing a customized experience and recognizing Your preferences when You visit the Website. If You’ve chosen to disable cookies on your browser, some of the functionality of the Website may be lost. Certain web pages or services provided by Novus, require that cookies be enabled in Your browser and cannot be used when You have disabled cookies in Your browser.
- Flash Cookies. (also called Local Shared Objects or “LSOs”) Flash cookies are data files similar to cookies, except that they can store more complex data. Flash cookies are used to remember settings, preferences, and usage, particularly for video, interactive gaming, and other similar services.
- Web beacons or clear pixels. Web beacons are small graphic images on a web page or in an email that can be used for such things as recording the pages and advertisements that You select, or tracking the performance of email marketing campaigns.
- Web server logs. Web server logs are records of activity created by the computer that delivers the web pages You request to Your browser. For example, a web server log may record the search term You entered or the link You clicked to bring You to the web page. The web server log also may record information about Your browser, such as Your IP address and the cookies set on Your browser by the server.
Novus participates in behavioral based advertising. This means that a third party may use technology (e.g., a cookie) to collect information about Your use of the Website so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to Your interests. This advertising may appear either on the Website, or on other sites.
Use. Novus’ primary purpose in collecting personal information through the Platform is to provide Users with information regarding products and services offered by Novus, its parent, subsidiary, and other related companies and its trusted affiliates, independent contractors, and business partners. Novus may also use personal information for various purposes, including without limitation to:
- To help diagnose problems with our Platform, and to enhance the Platform for optimal User experience.
- To monitor usage and performance of our Platform, and to research aggregate information about Users to determine business planning, marketing, advertising, and sales efforts of Novus, its trusted affiliates, independent contractors, and business partners.
- To provide and deliver the Content and Services You select on the Website.
- To ensure compliance with certain terms and conditions and agreements entered into between You and Novus.
- To provide maintenance, support, and customer service for the Platform.
Sharing. Novus may disclose personal information collected from Users to its parent, subsidiary, and other related companies and its trusted affiliates, independent contractors, and business partners as outlined above. In limited circumstances, Novus may share Your personal information with our suppliers, contractors, and agents who perform functions on our behalf, or in connection with Services offered by Novus or to meet a request made by You. There may be instances when Novus may disclose personal information without providing You with a choice in order to protect the legal rights of Novus; to protect the safety and security of other Users; to protect against fraud or for risk management purposes; or to comply with the law or legal process. In addition, if Novus sells all or part of its business or makes a sale or transfer of assets or is otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, You agree that Novus may transfer your personal information to a third party as part of that transaction.
Access & Choice. Novus has implemented the following procedure that You may use to access, correct, or delete Your personal information, or choose how Your personal information is used:
- If You would like to know the types of personal information that Novus collects from Users through its Platform, please email or write Novus at the addresses listed below under the Section titled “Communication.”
- If You would like to know whether Novus has collected personal information about You please send us the activities and Services that You participated in on the Platform that requested personal information. After reviewing the relevant databases, Novus will confirm whether Novus has collected such personal information about You and provide a list of Your personal information that we have on file.
- If Your personal information is incorrect, You may correct the personal information by sending a written request for correction to Novus’ Privacy Officer at the address below. Your request must include: (1) all of the incorrect personal information that You wish to change, (2) the corrected personal information, and (3) Your signature authorizing such changes. Novus will then correct the personal information in our database and send a written confirmation to You.
- If you wish to stop receiving email marketing communications from Novus, please click HERE.
- Some web browsers and devices permit You to broadcast a preference that You not be “tracked” online. At this time Novus does not modify Your experience based upon whether such a signal is broadcast.
Notice to California Residents. Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents who have an established business relationship with Novus are entitled to ask Novus for a notice describing what categories of personal customer information we share with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. This notice will identify the categories of information shared with and will include a list of the third parties with which it is shared, along with their names and addresses. If You are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to Novus at the addresses listed below under the Section titled “Communication.”
For more information regarding CCPA click here.
For more information as a job applicant in the state of California click here.
Communication. If You have questions or concerns regarding Novus’ collection, use, or sharing of Your personal information or any other privacy or security issue, please contact:
Novus International, Inc.
Attention: Manager, Global Marketing Operations
20 Research Park Drive
St. Charles, Missouri 63304
If Novus needs, or is required, to contact You concerning any event that involves information about You we may do so by email, telephone, or mail.
Effective as of October 1, 2017.