It has long been known that essential trace minerals play significant roles in development and performance, particularly in high performing animal models such as the modern broiler. Novus mineral program have shown, due to their high bio-availability that a significantly lower volume of metal methionine hydroxy analogue chelate (MMHAC, Novus’s MINTREX® bis-chelated trace minerals) zinc, copper and manganese can be used in this form for improved performance. This so called ‘reduce and replace’ strategy has shown increased hatchability, liveability and performance not only for the breeding stock, but of the resulting progeny. In sows, MINTREX promotes reproductive performance and increases the health and number of piglets produced.
Benefits of Trace Minerals
- Activates over 300 individual enzymes carboxypeptidase, keratin, testosterone, carbonic anhydrase.
- Boosts immunity and regulates cell function including differentiation and wound healing.
- Antioxidant Superoxide Dismutase, Lysil oxidase, cross linking of collagen and elastin, bile, killing capacity of neutrophils.
- Synthesis and maintenance soft tissue structure including fine capillaries.
- Hydrolysis, phosphorylation, decarboxylation, and transamination.
- Direct effect on connective tissue formation and growth.
#MorePiglets with MINTREX®
Sow fed MINTREX® bis-chelated trace minerals has 6.37% lower mortality rate when compared to other OTMS and 15% lower mortaility compared to sows fed ITMS.
MINTREX® increased the number of live born piglets compared to other OTM and ITM fed sows and increased piglet birth weight by 8.8%.
Count Your Chicks Before They Hatch
#HatchMore with MINTREX®
Breeder hens fed MINTREX® bis-chelated trace minerals shows an improvement of 1.71% in hatchability.
MINTREX® provides better mineralization and formation of important structural tissues, together with a more efficient immune system which supports the livability and growth rate of chicks.
For more information and trial data, please fill the form below.